The Sioux City Symphony Orchestra regretfully announces the cancellation or postponement of the two remaining SCSO concerts, Gala Fundraiser, and upcoming May auditions for the 2019-2020 season.
- Although originally postponed, the March 14th Beethoven Concert has been canceled.
- The April 25th John Osborn Concert and Gala Fundraiser have been postponed. Future scheduling of these two April events is pending for later this year.
- May 15 & 16 auditions are postponed. Any future auditions we hold will be advertised on Musical Chairs and our website.
Given the rapidly changing situation as well as the CDC’s and Governor’s recommendations limiting the size of gatherings, we feel this decision, although difficult, is necessary. We are committed to do our part in slowing the transmission of COVID-19.
There is no higher priority to the Sioux City Symphony Orchestra than the safety of our guests, musicians, and staff. Thank you to everyone who has reached out with continued support for the SCSO during this difficult time. We are so fortunate to be a part of such a terrific community that has shown us the utmost patience, understanding, and encouragement. Your continued support is vital to help us enrich all of our lives through symphonic music.
The cancellation of our March concert will have a significant financial impact on the Orchestra. We are grateful for the deep generosity of our community and ask that, whenever possible, you consider ticket exchange(s) or donating your ticket(s) for a tax refund. As a nonprofit arts organization, the Sioux City Symphony Orchestra relies on the audience we serve. By donating your ticket(s) in lieu of a refund, you are providing vital support for the music and musicians that inspire and connect our community during this difficult time.
- Donate Your Ticket: Donate your ticket(s) and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value to keep the SCSO strong during this difficult time. Call the SCSO office at (712) 277-2111 or stop by in person at 518 Pierce Street.
- Ticket Exchange: Exchange your ticket(s) for one of three classical concerts for the upcoming 2020-2021 season. If available, you will receive the same seat(s) that you originally purchased.
- Refund: Receive a refund for the value of your paid concert and/or gala ticket(s). All requests for any refunds must be made by April 30, 2020 at the point of purchase.
- Wait for Reschedule Date (John Osborn and/or Gala): Simply hold on to your ticket(s) and wait for the rescheduled concert performance and gala. Your ticket(s) will still be valid on the new date.
For any questions regarding ticket options, please call the SCSO office at (712) 277-2111. We will continue to post updates to our website and social media pages as needed. Please be aware that we may be responding to a high volume of calls so your inquiry may take longer than normal to answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.